We have gotten many questions asking if owners need to worry about their furry best friends being carriers of coronavirus. The short answer is no.
Here are the summary bullets from the CDC
- Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses. Some cause illness in people and others cause illness in certain types of animals.
- Coronaviruses that infect animals can become able to infect people, but this is rare.
- We do not know the exact source of the current outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- We do not have evidence that companion animals, including pets, can spread COVID-19.
- We do not have evidence to suggest that imported animals or animal products imported pose a risk for spreading the 2019 novel coronavirus in the United States.
You can read the full article for the CDC here.
If there are any changes or updates we will be sure to let you know